Social Media & Community Manager (four-month part-time position)
Bay Area, California
At the Eames Institute, we aim to equip everyone with the lessons of Ray and Charles Eames, so that anyone can use design to solve problems.
The Eames Institute is looking for a capable and creative Social Media & Community Manager for maternity leave coverage June 2023-October 2023. This role reports to our Chief Brand & Marketing Officer and partners closely with our Creative Director. The goal of our social media and email channels is to inspire creativity and educate our dedicated audience of design enthusiasts on the creative problem-solving of Ray and Charles Eames, the unique pieces in our Eames Collection, and the inspiring creators featured in our digital magazine, Kazam!. This role lies at the unique intersection of creativity and analysis, and while it spans multiple functions and mediums, our scale closely mirrors our available resources and respects a healthy work-life balance as a result.
Are you a curious problem solver? Do you love to learn continuously? Do you take your play as seriously as you take your work? If so, we want to hear from you.
As the Social Media & Community Manager, you will be responsible for:
Manage the Eames Institute’s Social Media and CRM/Email Presence
- Actively manage and monitor the organization’s social media (Instagram and Linkedin) and email channels (utilizing Mailchimp)
- Collaborate with the creative director, communications team, and collections team to develop and create unique campaigns, emails, and social media posts
- Write all emails and posts copy
- Occasionally develop visuals/short-form video for Instagram stories
- Use a discretionary budget to boost Instagram and Linkedin content
- Maintain brand voice and design standards throughout all social media channels
- Interact with followers and other stakeholders via the company’s social media accounts
Implement Existing Communications Strategy
- Continue implementing existing social media and CRM strategy
- Maintain ongoing social media and CRM calendar based on marketing and communications goals (3-4 x social posts per week, 2-4 x emails per month)
- Set goals for social media posts and emails, such as targets for engagement, and measure and monitor performance against those goals. Redirect the organization and workflow as needed based on feedback and analysis
- Provide weekly updates on social media and CRM production pipeline in team meeting
- Provide monthly reports on CRM and social media to communications team to guide decision-making
Advance Organization & Culture
- Participate in and add to our culture of curiosity and learning
- Share channel knowledge and expertise with the organization, such as research of trends and current best practices
- Serve as a trusted partner with cross-functional teams to develop and represent the organization’s point of view
- Take a design-led approach in your work, pulling in experimentation, gathering feedback, and iteration
Who you might be:
You may have...
- 3-5 years of marketing, CRM, advertising, design, or copywriting experience with 1-2 years of managing organic and paid social media accounts
- A creative mindset comfortable with collaborative ideation and data-backed decision making
- A self-starter with the ability to manage production of multiple creative assets simultaneously with minimal oversight
- High degree of knowledge of Mailchimp, Later (or other social media management platform), and social media best practices
- A basic understanding of photography, copy, and design best practices
- A basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere (or other editing software)
You are someone who...
- Is located in the Bay Area and interested in an exciting temporary position to apply your skills and be a part of a fun, creative community
- Can multi-task and tend to many projects at once, while also having the discernment for when additional support is needed
- Is highly organized, detail-oriented, and has an understanding of the creative process