Operations & Contracts Coordinator
San Francisco Bay Area
At the Eames Institute, we aim to equip everyone with the lessons of Ray and Charles Eames, so that anyone can use design to solve problems.
Eames Institute has an exciting opportunity for an Operations & Contracts Coordinator. A successful candidate will be a critical thinker who can analyze situations and make decisions geared toward the organization’s best interests. In addition to ensuring our risk mitigation is best in class when it comes to compliance, legal, and the safety and security of our staff, you will also play a critical role in championing the general experience around operations for our people.
As the Operations & Contracts Coordinator, you will be a key member of our core team and you will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). You will gain significant exposure to all organizational functions including HR, Legal, Business Operations, Properties, and Finance. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys the dynamic nature of a fast-paced, ever-changing, creative environment.
Are you a curious problem solver? Do you love to learn continuously? Do you take your play as seriously as you take your work? Are you interested in being part of a team that believes in making a more beautiful and sustainable world?
As the Operations & Contracts Coordinator, you will:
- Assist departments across the Institute in vendor selection and contracting strategy, including negotiation of scope and budget for proposed vendor services
- Develop and implement effective procedures and systems for managing contracting processes, compliance, and reporting
- Review incoming and outgoing grants, contracts, service agreements, etc. for high-risk or unusual regulations and alert the executing staff of items to be aware of during the course of the project
- Coordinator efforts with our legal counsel and insurance brokers to ensure the Institute is in the best position possible
Financial Operations Support
- Manage the monthly billing processes on contracts, including processing subcontractor invoices
- Perform quantitative analysis of vendor bids and proposals
- Liaise with departments across the Institute regarding all aspects of financial strategy and management
- Partner with project leads to develop and monitor project budgets and spenddown, develop timely and accurate submissions and reporting, and ensure all other contract terms and conditions are met
- Assist the efforts of the operation team to rethink how we capture, store and share out institutional knowledge related to all design deliverables, design processes, and all operational processes, resources and tools.
- Support the operations teams in solving for organizational pain points, and adhering to organizational goals and strategy.
Organization & Culture
- Participate in and add to our culture of curiosity and learning
- Serve as a trusted partner to project leads and collaborators, helping to nurture connections and build scalable solutions that support efforts across the organization
- Cultivate a solutions-driven approach to problem-solving, promoting our value of embracing change and seeing things in a new way
Who you might be:
You may have
- 2-4 years of relevant experience supporting a creative and/or startup culture and executing on operational responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in operations or another relevant field.
- Excellent communication skills, in-writing and in-person, and an aptitude to communicate effectively with both an internal and external audience.
- Ability to switch seamlessly between self-directed independent work and highly collaborative teamwork.
You are someone who
- Possesses a mix of hard and soft skills, and is able to think with both your head and heart
- Excels at managing many moving parts and attention to detail, while also being able to zoom out and see the bigger picture
- Thrives in creating order out of chaos and navigating constraints
- Is eager to learn more about how to design and execute stellar employee operational experience and operations across a mission-driven organization
- Is driven to extend care and kindness to coworkers, partners, and visitors to our locations
What you can expect:
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 6% 401k match, commuting benefits, and parental leave
- Wellness benefit of $600 per year to spend on anything that contributes to your mental and physical wellness
- Professional development benefit up to $600 per year to support your continued learning and career development
- Unlimited vacation policy in addition to thirteen paid holidays and end-of-year holiday closure
- Sabbatical leave after five years of employment